Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Clearwater Beach

On September 24th 2015 we took a trip to Clearwater Beach Florida. It is 89 degrees Fahrenheit and the sky is clear. As I walk out onto the beach I pass the rear dunes and notice that they have a decent amount of vegetation. We found s a Sea Grape plant with round leaves. We also found a plant that gives birth to live young. These baby plants can end up feeding off of the mother plant. The higher you go out on the beach the finer the sand is from wind.

As I walk across the wet beach I see small shells and note some of them are alive. On the dry beach I find a white Mangrove Street and some dead Turtle Grass. Closer to the rear dunes we found dollar weed this plant has furry leaves to help better protect them from Sunlight. A Sand Cricket walks by and it blends in very well with the sand. This was a good trip to the beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment