Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Brooker Creek

Temperature: 82 F
November 16th, 2015

While taking this photo, for proof of my attendance, I heard a rustling behind me...
and I was very pleased to run into my first animal species before entering the trail!
Immediately after walking into Brooker Creek, one will notice a swamp ecosystem, and a good canopy cover.
 
Walking in a little further, the swamps became larger, but less muddy, and more fluid, and the trees had prop roots!
 
As I furthered into the trail, I eventually came into a very little canopy area known as a high pine flatland ecosystem, these ecosystems need burning to survive.
This park is absolutely beautiful, and is easily my favorite park I have visited so far, and I am determined to visit again!
 
Fun Fact: Brooker Creek is the largest park in Pinellas County!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment