Thursday, September 29, 2016

Moccasin Lake Park

    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to this park visit with the rest of the class, however I did to go see the park on my own with my friend. Little did I know this beautiful park was hidden away in clearwater, and I have lived here for half my life! Moccasin Lake park is a 51 acre preserve with many trails, a few ponds and boardwalks, as well as tons on wildlife such as raccoons, peacocks, turtles, reptiles, and more!



     My friend and I started at the very beginning of the park and basically just looped around, when we first walked inside there were many different kinda of reptiles such as snakes, lizards, frogs, and turtles. One of the coolest things is while we were in the cabin there was a park ranger holding a very little owl that he told me the name of but I can't seem to remember! Then we went and looked at the birds in the back and they had quite a few different kind such as owls, a vulture, bald eagle, and more. After that, we decided to started walking the main trail and it was just so beautiful and fresh looking to see nothing but plants, trees, flowers, and wildlife!



As we were walking through we come across the energy tower and I thought it was very cool, and not to far away from there was a lovely butterfly garden with all kinds of beautiful and crazy looking flowers. It was very hot that day, but to be honest a lot of the trail was shaded so it was too bad. Another thing I noticed was that there wasn't that many people there and I was surprised because the park is so nice and very well kept. I would most for sure go back and also tell other people about my experience so they can experience the wildlife there, the beautiful flowers, and plants, and the peaceful trails!

energy tower









Lexus Milioto



No comments:

Post a Comment