Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fred Howard Park

   This was my first field trip actually going with the class and I must admit that I loved it! Also, I had never been to Fred Howard before so it was very exciting to see and experience a new beach, let alone with my class. On this trip we learned about the different types of coastal ecosystems as well as the different kinds of organisms that would be found there. We also learned about the different kinds of the main seagrasses out there like manatee grass, turtle grass, and shoal grass. The kind of wildlife we came across while we were there were snails, crabs, different kinds of fish like minnows, needle fish, and more.



   We also went snorkeling, which I have never done before and it was awesome!!! After every was done with that, we walked to the other side of the beach and learned some more about sand dunes, sea wrack and its importance. I will never forget this experience!

Lexus Milioto





 

No comments:

Post a Comment