Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Magnolia, SPC campus

Magnolia Fruit
(this photo is not mine, I took it off the Google because my photo ended up blurry and unusable)

SPC campus

            During my trip around the scorching hot, Clearwater SPC, campus that had minimal cloud cover, I was fascinated to find out that a magnolia tree actually grows fruits not cones. Also a baby pine tree looks grass and a beauty berry can make wine. We have a native plant garden with plum tree's you can make jam and there's a bush called fire brush that looks like it's on fire due to its red colors on its flowers. The native plant garden was very well managed. Non plant things I learned and found interesting were that a squirrel is a non arthropods. This was my first real trip with my class and I learned a lot: 1 wear light clothes, you will get sweaty; 2 plants are in dirt... that should have been a duh, but I still didn't think I'd be touch as much dirt as I did; 3 this class is going to be a lot of fun and I look forward to what the other field trips have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment