Thursday, November 10, 2016

Brooker Creek Park

It was a nice day maybe about 81 degrees as I entered the park I seen 2 deer's eating in the woods, then as I was coming to the parking lot I saw a Gopher tortoise crossing the road. I leaned he was one of the Keystone species in the pine communities. Then I came across a Gopher tortoise's burrow. Then I was told that fire is introduced to the area because pines are fire dependent it requires to releases nutrients to reduce liter and open up space. We started to walk on the board walk and we came across the swampy area and the water was brownish-orange this happens because of the tannis that had leached into the water from dead plants and this makes acidic water. I remember when this park was somewhere else and how it has really changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment