Monday, December 2, 2013

My Favorite Field Trip was to Booker Creek Preserve

Booker Creek Preserve

This field trip was my favorite because I enjoyed the adventure and seeing all the different communities. There were Oak Hammocks, Pine Flatwoods, and Cypress Domes. This in my opinion was the most adventurous field trip. We got off the beating path and took one that was flooded out. 

This environment can adapt to flooding with tree roots that are above the water level. There were many ferns that do well in this shady environment. I observed several species like a pygmy rattlesnake, and a cottonmouth both poisonous. I also seen a good size Alligator basking in the sun on the bank. 

I really enjoyed this class and I know so much more about Florida and I hope to continue to learn more in my future endeavors. 

Thank you

Alaina DiPaolo

No comments:

Post a Comment